Polycystic kidney disease is a genetic disease linked with the existence of sac-like membranes in the kidneys. The fluid-filled cysts lead to enhanced size. It can result in the death of patients if this condition is not treated. So, you must consult a doctor for Ayurvedic treatment for polycystic kidney disease in USA. PKD usually occurs in kidneys but the cysts can also be present in other organs like the pancreas, liver, ovaries, and spleen.
Types of PKD
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease- It is the common PKD that leads to loss of kidney function between 30 and 50 years of age. It affects 1 in every 400 to 800 people. It is passed through one generation to another. The signs and symptoms appear in the later stages. Hence, it becomes quite difficult for a doctor to diagnose ADPKD.
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease- It is a rare genetic one that occurs in 1 in every 20,000 kids. The fetus or baby might have 1000s of waste-filled kidney cysts leading to the bigger size of the kidney. The child may have reduced function before birth. It is also known as infantile PKD. The kidney function gets compromised which may lead to breathing issues in the child.
- Acquired cystic kidney disease- This disease occurs in patients suffering from kidney damage from a long time or severe infection in the kidneys. This kind of disease is connected with transplant and dialysis and is not linked with genes. The main sign of the disease is a change in the color of the urine and blood in the urine.
Signs and symptoms
The various signs and symptoms of PKD are: back and side pain, headache, hypertension, feeling of fullness, enlargement of kidney, blood in urine, increased size of the abdomen, renal stone, kidney failure, colon issues, and urinary tract infection.
Ayurvedic treatment for polycystic kidney disease
The Ayurvedic treatment includes herbal medicines and yoga for improving kidney function. It is a natural method to revive the cell and tissue damage in the kidney. The mutations also get altered by consuming Ayurvedic medicines. The PKD is a genetic disorder so, the consumption of herbs functions on genes and prevents it passing this disease to your child. Hence, Ayurvedic treatment for polycystic kidney disease in USA is a perfect method to treat the disease naturally.
Certain preventive measures are discussed below:
- Herbal tea is one of the best treatments in PKD patients.
- You can consume garlic if suffering from PKD. It decreases oxidative stress and decreases cysts’ size.
- Consume fresh vegetables and fruits during treatment.
- Fiber intake is a must for keeping your kidneys free from cysts and infections.
- Limit the quantity of fat in your diet.
- Increase intake of foods rich in Vitamin D.
- Also, avoid beets, eggplants, and spinach.
If you are suffering from PKD then, Ayurvedic treatment for polycystic kidney disease is one of the best methods. You must consult an Ayurvedic doctor and start the treatment with immediate effect. Follow the instructions of your doctor and you will get well soon.