QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 occurs when you are trying to install or upgrade your windows operating system version. When the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software key is deleted then this error occurs. When this error occurs then users are not able to print or send payslip or invoices which is one of the big problems for the business owner. Whenever this error occurs then an error message comes up stating: “Quickbooks printer not activated error code 20.” An error message comes up when you are trying to print a PDF document through Quickbooks.
Reasons to occur QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 –
- If you still use QuickBooks 2009 version.
- When your application key is not updated.
- When HKey_current_config\Software Key is deleted. QuickBooks also uses the same registry key.
- Computers may be busy with more than one version of QuickBooks, it could be one of the reasons.
- Registry errors in Windows.
- When the PDF converter is not set up properly.
- When the Windows operating system is outdated if you want to know how to install the updated version, visit Microsoft Support for more info.
- When printer drivers are not compatible.
- When QuickBooks version 2009 is not compatible with Windows 7.
- When QuickBooks is not installed properly.
- It might also result in Quickbooks error h505
Solutions of QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20:-
- Configure user permissions
- Click on the Windows key and type “regedit” in the search bar and click OK.
- Now do right click on regedit and click on “run as administrator”.
- Now double click on HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG in the left panel and then do right click on the software folder in the panel and select the “permissions” option from the menu.
- Now the new Windows appears, then assigns “full controls” to the “users” and clicks OK.
- Repair QuickBooks PDF component QBprint.qbp file
- The first step is to open the Windows control panel then go to programs and features.
- Now select QuickBooks from the installed program list and then click on change option and then start the repair process and follow the instruction till the end.
- After finishing the QuickBooks repair process then restart your computer.
- Now try to print something or save your PDF. This may resolve this error.
- It also results in Quickbooks tool hub errors.
- Upgrade Windows and again install Quickbooks
- Firstly, open your Windows control panel and then go to the “program and features” option.
- Before uninstalling QuickBooks note down its license and product number.
- Now from the list of installed programs choose Quickbooks and select uninstall from the top and follow the wizard instructions till QuickBooks Uninstall.
- Now download and install the Windows update and restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks Installation folder or insert the installation CD to start the setup and follow all the instructions of installation to install Quickbooks, to avoid QuickBooks error 6147
- Once the installation of QuickBooks gets complete then the program and printer will work again and it solves most of the QB Errors and do not forget to keep your QB updated so that you don’t get errors like QB Update Error 15223.
I hope the above-mentioned information is useful for you and it will help in solving Quickbooks printer not activated error code 20. If still, you are not able to solve this issue then don’t worry our QuickBooks Error Support team is available 24/7 for you and they will provide the best solution for your issues.